WWoW! Promoting on Twitter!

Here are some words of wisdom from one writer to another.
I couldn't have given better advice than this REPOST (from Rainy of the Dark) for WWoW! this week. Twitter is about CONNECTING, not SELLING. So here is some advice - TWITTER TIPS for authors promoting their books - paired down to the most important points.

Read them. 
Know them. 
Live them.





How Do You Promote Your Book on Twitter? (via Rainy of the Dark)

This is a good question. Some advice will tell you to send your info in direct message, so they are sure to see it. Um, no. That’s the equivalent of shoving a handful of brochures into someone’s face. Some say to @ mention your book information so people are forced to see it. Um, no. This is like…




Keep writing!

Paloma

WoW is a Smart & Savvy Group of Authors who host this weekly feature each Wednesday.
While we don't claim to be experts, the goal is to impart what we've learned about 
writing, editing, getting published, book promotion, and more along the way.
Follow along and read all this week's contributors' posts.





You can follow us on twitter at #WWoW.
Or find us on facebook at Words of Wisdom.

We also welcome more authors' participation. Sign up is through our facebook page.

Comments

  1. Honestly, I find Twitter more annoying than helpful in promoting. I don't have time to chat it up, not when I have six deadlines staring me in the face, along with three manuscripts back from the editors...lol...so most of my promoting on Twitter is, sadly, "hit and run"...I'd much rather promote on Facebook...I've gained a number of fans and readers from there, plus I can stay in contact with family and friends. Maybe it's just whatever a person gets used to, IDK, but so far, this route works best for me...but anyone who has time to Twitter, I say go for it...Tabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I prefer Twitter than any other social media. There's lots of interaction (almost too much at times). It's like you are chatting with friends. Perfect for me!

    I love this line: take a breath from the sell-sell-sell and try to connect-connect-connect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a mixture of everything. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, blog posts/hops, yahoo loops, Facebook ads, all of it gets my name out there. It's the connections that help to expand your reach. If you only work on one social media outlet, you may be limiting yourself...at least in the beginning. If you already have a huge following, they'll spread the word about you through their sites. It's when you are just starting out and no one knows you from Adam or Eve that you have to use as much as possible to get noticed. The markets are flooded with new authors. It's hard to find your niche.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips. I always say, if its a new release, only then do I recommend tweeting about it 3 times a day. Other then that, its way too much. Get on and socialize mostly. And you will build a following.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts