An Author's #Thursday13 Romance Songs

Please join me in Welcoming J Annas Walker to Romance Beckons for this week's Thursday 13.
Born and raised among the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, J. Annas Walker was brought up listening to oral history and traditional storytelling. Her hobby of writing short stories bloomed out of this tradition. With the encouragement of her sisters, husband, an aunt, and a very supportive cousin, she took a chance to turn her hobby into something larger.

After acquiring a bachelors of science in civil engineering technology, she worked for a number of years as a transportation designer. Designing road construction projects by day, she continued writing by night. Today, she writes more than she ever did and blends fantasy and paranormal into romance storylines. The fanged, spectral, magical, and furry have become everyday life.

J. Annas Walker lives with her husband, two teenage sons, and her cat/office assistant. She's here today to share thirteen of her favorite things...

Choosing my most favorite thirteen romantic songs was a challenge. I love music of all types and have for many years. At first, I thought this self-selected assignment would be a snap. After all, I listen to almost every genre from not just decades ago but centuries. Nothing is really off limits.

So, I started a list. When I hit 200 titles, I realized how tough paring this down to thirteen was going to be. A week went by, and then another. In an effort to make sure everyone would recognize the titles, I scratched everything earlier than 1960.

Even then, my list was long. There was only one thing left to do! I listened to the hits over and over. Finally, I have my list finalized. See how make your cut! COMMENT and tell me what song you'd add to the list and which strikes a chord with you too...
1. Sea of Love by The Honeydrippers (1984)

2. At Last by Etta James (1960)

3. Wicked Games by Chris Isaak (1989)

4. Lovesong by The Cure (19889)

5. It’s Your Love by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill (1997)

6. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams (1991)

7. I Swear by John Michael Montgomery (1994)

8. She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 (recorded 2002)

9. Amazed by Lonestar (1999)

10. My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (1997)

11. Right Here Waiting For You by Richard Marx (1989)

12. Angel Eyes by The Jeff Healey Band (1989)

13. Remember When by Alan Jackson (2003)

J Annas Walker's newest book
Water's Lover
Blurb: Ellen wanted nothing more than go home after a miserable week of camping at the lake. Sitting by the water’s edge, she finds the lake has more to offer than beautiful scenery and sweltering heat. But will she escape Mark’s wrath and find a way to keep love’s magic?
Buy Link: https://www.nobleromance.com/Books/444/Water's-Lover
Webpage: jannaswalker.weebly.com

Comments

  1. One thing's for sure: You can't go wrong with Etta James. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like some Etta James. Mavis Stapleton, Mahaila Jackson, and Aretha Franklin get a lot of air time on the record player. (Don't snigger. I love the pops and white noise. They give stuff character.)My kids have been teaching us old folks how to transfer vinyl to digital formats for mp3 and wave files.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these songs. I'd add Joshua Kadison's "Beautiful in my Eyes". It was a hit in the early 90s and was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts