Obey & Read #MFRWauthor Paloma's #MFRWhook #HOLDmyHAND


Welcome back to Book Hooks, the weekly meme hosted by the MFRW Authors Blog.

Readers, here's your chance each week to get hooked on a new book! Authors share a short excerpt from their books. If you enjoy the sample, consider purchasing the full book through their buy link.

TODAY I'm sharing another sampling of Hold My Hand, my 2013 top selling book. I'll share a new snippet of this book for each hook in January. My excerpt is a bit long today but it's on of my favorite exchanges between William and Aubrey.

“You’ll spank me? For no reason?” The words jumped from my throat before I could stop them.

I peeked up from under my lashes, my head still lowered, to see William considering my question. His brows were furrowed and his mouth was curved downward in a frown. “The reason will be for focus. It isn’t punishment – that would be harsher for a time when you might disobey me.” I bristled slightly at that term, a deep ingrained belief in women’s equality roared to life, but I managed to bite it back. 

Apparently, I didn’t center myself quick enough because William noticed my reaction.

“Ah, you don’t like the term ‘disobey’,” William chuckled. “Tell me what bothers you about it.”

I couldn’t help the snicker and the sarcasm that tumbled from me. “It’s archaic. Women don’t have to obey men. What about…” William’s grasp on my hair pulling my head up stopped my words.

His response was stern; his words stilted as he answered me. “I’m not suggesting what women have to do. I’m telling you what you, Aubrey, must do. I expect you as my submissive to obey me. And when you don’t, I expect you, Aubrey, to accept my punishment.”

BOOK BLURB
A story about Aubrey, a young woman filled with hurt, and William, a man who can't walk away. They're navigating through a relationship that may have too many hurdles... or perhaps not, as long as she can hold his hand.

Aubrey has been hurt in the past, discouraged and degraded by a heartless father. Still, William sees something in her that won't allow him to walk away. Instantly drawn to her but intuitive enough to take it slowly, he courts her. Then he bargains, persuades and seduces until Aubrey becomes ensnared by his commanding nature. Despite the fight she puts up in accepting William's lifestyle, the bonds he places on Aubrey give her a freedom she desperately needs. And together, they heal old wounds and find their perfect love.
Don't wait. Get Hooked! Visit the other participating authors.

Comments

Popular Posts