#Thursday13 Review Quotes


These are my 13 favorite quotes from reviews written on my books. See what you think. Sometimes we focus too much on the rating. I like to read the review to hear the reaction readers have to my books. I learn from those reactions and more often than not, they make me smile.

1
"Paloma Beck takes her reader by the hand and gently leads them into the world of domestic discipline and manages to craft a beautifully written and surprisingly romantic story at the same time." - Jenn, Guilty Indulgence, Hold My Hand (Heart And Soul, Book 1)

Since this book is Aubrey's first exposure to a domestic discipline relationship and the intricacies of submission, the statement is quite fitting. It made me smile to know a reader saw this relationship for what it was meant to be - a romance.

2"Hold My Hand, is a deeply emotional read that lingers long after you've finished it" - Jen, Goodreads, Hold My Hand (Heart And Soul, Book 1)

I love this statement mostly because when I say it about a book I've read, its the ultimate compliment. As an author, I want the words I write and the story I tell to stay with a reader long after they finish the book.

3
"I loved the story concept and the characters have such amazing chemistry that I could not put the book down. I literally read this in one sitting." - Wendy, Goodreads, Lustful Cravings (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 1) 

Yes, exactly what I intended. Isn't it great when a reviewer says something that's spot on? These are short novellas that all together add up to a suspenseful ending with the fulfillment of the prophecy at the end of the series.

4
"I am truely loving the series concept and I am diving into book 3 right away." - Wendy, Goodreads, Eternal Envy (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 2)

Isn't this what every author who writes a series wants to hear? We want readers to get passionate about the series, to keep them reading until the very end. When I read this, I knew I had a fan!

5
"The author presents word-pictures of scenes and events by giving specific details that appeal to the five senses, perfect for our imagination."  - Sapphire Kande, Goodreads, Hold My Hand (Heart And Soul, Book 1)

That just sounds fun, doesn't it? Word-pictures - I love that phrase. 

6
"Oh. My. Menage. Yum! This story gave me my first encounter with the "trois". And it was delicious. The two lead male characters were "to die for" HOT." - Katie, Goodreads, Lustful Cravings (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 1)

BIG Sigh of relief. I was a bit out of my element writing the menage - dear husband limited my research on this topic! lol! So it was wonderful to receive confirmation that I created a sexy menage.

7
"Have some water ready because you will need it, Donovan is sexy, smart and very dominant, everything you want to see in a man like him. Paige compliments him. Together they make this story sweet yet steamy. I think Paloma Beck did a great job bringing these two characters together." - Reading Diva, Sinful Reads, Vanished Pride (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 4)

I'm always checking on the chemistry between my characters. It's important to make sure your characters make sense. This reviewer obviously thinks I did it well.

8
"This is a great cover!!" - Mariann, Belle's Book Bag, Coming Home (Home, Book 1)

I'm one of those readers who gravitate to books with sexy covers so it was fantastic to hear someone rave about one of mine.

9
"I was pulled in from the first paragraph." - Corinne, Sassy Chassy Reviews, Holding Hope (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 4.5)

Grabbing a reader with a strong beginning is important. So glad this reader felt I did just that.


10
"Say what you will about the paranormal genre being repetitious and overdone - Ms. Beck puts that rumor to rest. Creating a who new world of paranormal creatures (the Valendite Breed) - a little bit magical, a little bit vampy and a whole lot of alpha male sexy!" - Jenn, Guilty Indulgence, Lustful Cravings (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 1)

One question: why isn't this reviewer an author? Her reviews are seriously fun to read. She has quite a way with words. I loved this one statement so much *a little bit magical, a little bit vampy and a whole lot of alpha male sexy* that I used it as my series tagline.

11
"This is my favorite book by Paloma so far. I could not put it down!" - Jennie, Goodreads, Coming Home (Home, Book 1)

This was actually just a one-line review but it packed a punch. Not only did she say she enjoyed this book but it inferred she's read my other books. Squee!

12
"If you love paranormal romance, I highly recommend this series." - D Thomas, Goodreads, Vanished Pride (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 4)

I just love when someone includes this type of recommendation in their review. It  means a lot that a reader would recommend a book because romance readers take their books seriously and we don't just recommend anything to other romance readers.

13
"Paloma does it again!" - Liberty Ann, SnifferWalk Books, Holiday Gem (Seven Sin Sisters, Book 3)

Oh my! This reviewer has just affirmed that even as I'm getting into the middle of the series, I'm keeping the stories fresh. One of my biggest fears was having the stories seem the same from book to book but this gave me a clue that I was on the right track.

Want to help an author you love?
WRITE A REVIEW... on Goodreads, Amazon or any other online site where reviews are welcome. It's the biggest support you can give us. Thanks to all the readers who have taken the time to write a review for my books. - Paloma

Comments

Popular Posts