Gray Dixon and her Master Marshal

ROMANCE BECKONS welcomes GRAY DIXON. Gray Dixon is the nom de plume of erotica writer of hot, sexy stories for the adult crowd loves walks along the beach at sunset, a glass of wine over a romantic dinner, and a night of love. On the serious side, she’s married to her Dear Heart for many years, has three children, many grandchildren, a dog, a couple of fish, a big yard with lots of fruit trees, two cars, and a house. Ah, the American Dream as she loves to describe it. She likes a lot of different things, crafts, watching the History Channel, reality shows (not all, but some), travel, and of course writing. She’s worked hard all her life in many interesting fields and enjoyed all of them, but she finally found enough time to relax and enjoy escaping into the worlds she created through her stories. She mainly writes erotica with BDSM elements, and hopes readers will enjoy the tales she weaves.
 Gray Dixon can be found on:

TODAY, Gray is here to do a Character Interview with Shane Marshal from her latest release, Master Marshal, Masters of Tabu, Book 4, a Contemporary Erotic BDSM series. ENJOY!

GRAY: Hey, Shane, I mean Sir. I’m so happy you decided to do this interview and share with the readers.

SHANE: My pleasure, darlin’. I’ve been looking forward to this scene. I want the guests to know a little more about me. (An eyebrow shoots up and the corners of his mouth turn up revealing a wicked grin.)

GRAY: *blushes* Oh my, Sir. I thought I already revealed quite a bit about you. I hope I’m the only one who exposed you. Let’s move on and have you tell us a little about yourself. How did you come to my attention and tell the readers a little about who you are.

SHANE: Let me see. If I remember correctly, you wanted a cowboy as a master. I guess I fit the bill. I may have grown up on the ranch, but I love the fast pace of city living too. You gave me a touch of both. You did me proud, Gray.

GRAY: *blushes again* Oh, you’re too kind. Yes, I love a cowboy and I hope I gave you the right gravitas.

SHANE: I think you did, Gray. So, a bit about me, huh? The basics are six foot three, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, love my home, love my life, love my woman. For more details you’ll have to read my story. *winks*

GRAY: Nice. Speaking of your home, can you tell us more, like what you have planned for the Golden Springs Ranch?

SHANE: I’m always thinking about how to improve and expand the use of the ranch to keep it viable so that the land will remain in my family. One day, I’d like to pass from this world knowing my children we carry on the name of Marshal and take pride in the family homestead. As far as what I have planned to make all that happen? I’m totally at your mercy, darlin’. Make it good, that’s all I ask. Of course, I hope you do so for all my fellow Masters of Tabu.

GRAY: Yes, I intend to. What or who is the greatest love of your life and why?

SHANE: Need you ask? My Long-legged beauty, Sharon is everything I dreamed of and more. She’s smart and creative and will be helping with the remodeling of the main house on the ranch. I value her opinion and trust her explicitly. Pleasing her is my passion, my love, my heart which defines my life now. I would’ve never met her if not for turning part of the ranch into a BDSM retreat and for that I’m grateful to my friends. Serendipity, I guess.

GRAY: *sighs* Oh, she must be a special person, but I knew that. *giggles* With that being said, what’s your greatest fear?

SHANE: Losing her because I wouldn’t take care of her or meet her needs. Enough said. Next question.

GRAY: Okay then. Do you have a motto in life?

SHANE: Be true to oneself and always play safe, sane and always with mutual consent.

GRAY: I agree those are good words to live by in any lifestyle choice. Switching up a bit here, how do the other characters in your debut view you?

SHANE: We get along famously. We may have a few disagreements now and then, but I’ve known the guys since college. Except for the nickname I was given in college which they like to use when they want to get under my skin, we work well together. Almost all the bad boys appear in my story, except for Tempest. He’s off scouting new talent, I believe. Everyone will get to meet him next year, as well as the others making cameo appearances throughout the series. I guess it all depends on you, darlin’.

GRAY: Yes, it does. You bad boys better behave or I’ll give you some of my own version of bondage and discipline. *winks*

SHANE: I wouldn’t do that, darlin’. Topping from the bottom is something I don’t tolerate. Manipulation by any sub will quickly meet with discipline. Let’s just get back to the questions, shall we?

GRAY: *swallows hard* Yes, Sir. What do you prefer? To spread and hear gossip, or be the creator of gossip fodder?

SHANE: That doesn’t warrant an answer other than I don’t participate in or create gossip. I like the truth, whether I’m on the delivery end or the receiving. Gossip doesn’t benefit anyone. Communication, and I mean honest, true exchange of opinions and feelings, is vital in any relationship whether business or personal.

GRAY: I so agree, Sir. What is it about you that will draw readers in?

SHANE: My down-to-earth and commanding personality, of course. *Grins* If you were to ask Sharon, she’d probably say I make her shiver with my dark brown eyes or my Texas drawl. Wouldn’t you agree, darlin’? *winks again*

GRAY: *blushes* Alrighty then, I think it’s time to shift gears and ask random, innocuous questions.

SHANE: Shoot, darlin’.

GRAY: If you were a color, what color would you be and why?

SHANE: Blue, like the beautiful sky above is my first choice. I’m a little partial to black in my clothing, you know, jeans, shirt, my Stetson. Why? Because I look damn good. *Leans back in chair, crosses arms over his chest and the corners of his mouth turn up in a wicked grin* Don’t you agree?

GRAY: *clears throat* Um, I’m supposed to ask the questions, Sir. These are quick response questions, okay?

SHANE: Are you being a little bratty with me, darlin’?

GRAY: Uh, no Sir. I think we need to move on. My apologies if I came across that way. Let’s stick with a few lightning speed questions instead. Are you ready?

SHANE: Darlin’, I’m always ready, are you?

GRAY: *sighs* Okay. Blondes, Redheads, or Brunettes?

SHANE: I love all women, but I prefer blondes, especially the natural color of Sharon’s. Although I’ve found she looks good in any color. Long and a little wild.

GRAY: *clears throat* Boxers or Briefs?

SHANE: Commando all the way. I like to be ready for anything…shall we say that pops up.

GRAY: (quickly losing composure with that image) * coughs slightly* Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla?

SHANE: I’m not picky but I’ll go with chocolate, dark fudge syrup on top with maybe a little whipped cream.

GRAY: Rather decadent, but does sound yummy. Next one. Soft and Sweet or Up Against the Wall?

SHANE: Hmm, I’d say soft and sweet wrapped in my rope, totally bound, blindfolded and at my mercy to do whatever I want to—

GRAY: Oh, please stop, Sir. This isn’t going well. I’m losing control again. You masters or giving me grief. Let’s just end the interview with a thank you to Master Marshal for sharing some interesting information for the readers. I know how busy you are and look forward to reading more about you and Sharon in the future.

SHANE: My pleasure, darlin’. I hope I brought you and the readers a little pleasure today. I always strive to do just that. A little pain combined with the right kind of pleasure is always a good thing, don’t you agree?

Master Marshal
A cowboy and a supermodel ignite unbridled passion in the Texas heat.
 
Blurb
Shane Marshal struggles to keep his family’s cattle ranch above financial flood waters. With help from friends, he turns the homestead into a BDSM retreat. He can’t keep his mind on business when a single woman from New York with legs to infinity arrives. To tamp down his lustful thoughts, he goes out of his way to give her grief, but she doesn’t flinch. He needs a new strategy.

Valentina Halston, a high fashion model, changed her name from Sharon Berger to hide her past. After finding her boyfriend in delicato with another model, she books a vacation at a dude ranch with BDSM activities in search of change. Rest and relaxation, fresh air, no phones, no paparazzi, and no cheating boyfriend sounded perfect. Instead, she finds more than she could imagine.


EXCERPT
He locked onto the area at the end of the aisle, the direction she’d last been seen. Her stubbornness or should he say lack of concern for others’ schedules was rude, disrespectful, and he had a mind to go drag her ass out of the washroom and teach her a lesson.“You noticed too?”“Yeah, them city folks. Gotta watch them to keep ‘em outta trouble.”“Yeah.” Shane blindly stroked Lucky’s mane, staring at the end of the aisle. “I don’t know what her problem is.”“Her, huh? Take it she didn’t read the fine print.”“What?” Shane glanced over his shoulder at Jake. Where had his mind wandered? “No, I don’t think she did.”“With her looks, she’s probably used to having men take care of her. She’s an easy fix. The others are another story. The men outside are acting all macho, and their ladies are giggling little girls, petting the horses like they’re puppy dogs. Ya sure you don’t want me to come along and help, ‘cuz I can tell you’ll have yer hands full with them.”“Naw, I’m good. If I take anyone, I’ll snatch Ty to come along. I’d rather you stay here and keep an eye on Luck.”Jake tossed his hat on the hook by the door and ran a hand through gray hair sweat plastered to his head, loosening the normally wild mop. “I really don’t mind, Shane. I’ve gone on the rides with the guests other times. I know which trails to take. Ty’s a good kid, ‘cepten he might get a little too flirty with them pretty girls and get in some trouble, ‘specially the real tall one. She’s a looker. I saw him eyeing her last night.”Shane’s gut clenched. Ty moving in on Sharon didn’t sit well with him. “I’ll have a talk with him.”The suspicion on his manager’s face said he didn’t quite buy the half-ass detour for an explanation. Shane knew the familiar look on the old man’s face. He swore Jake could read his mind and knew more was behind him warning Ty off than policy.“I get yer reasoning with the no associatin’ rule. Somethin’ tells me ya’ve taken a likin’ to her too. Am I right?”“I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s my policy, and I expect everyone to abide by the rules.”“Lord a mighty, boy. I’d say ya’ve got it bad.” Jake patted Shane on his shoulder. “I knew it. Ya like the pretty girl who could step outta one of them New York City fashion magazines.”How did the old cuss know anything about fashion magazines? The man lived and breathed cattle and the ranch since his wife died ten years ago. “I don’t have it bad. The only problem I have is she’s messing with my employees and with my schedule. I don’t want trouble. Golden Springs means everything to me.”Jake leaned against the post of the stall door. “Ya don’t fool me, Shane Marshal. These old eyes of mine aren’t as strong as they used to be, but I ain’t blind to the looks passing between ya two since she got out of the van yesterday. My hearin’ is dang good too. Ya also were mumbling about missin’ supper last night to be out here with Lucky instead of gettin’ to know her. Talk to me, boy. What’s going on in yer head?”“Nothing.” Shane scrubbed his face with both hands. Shit. Jake called him “boy” and had since he’d been a toddler. He also never put up with his crap, or “nonsense”. Jake managed to run the ranch for him and helped him out when his family died. The old man was his friend and family more than Golden Springs’ manager. When Jake called him by his name and not boy, he was serious. Who was he kidding? He’d used Jake as a sounding board since his first girlfriend in grade school. He’d never been able to talk to his father. Why should now be any different? Shane had to end this conversation and get the trail ride on the road, so to speak, not bear his soul to his old friend.
Secret Cravings Publishing Titles by Gray Dixon

The MASTERS OF TABU Series
Master Knight, Book 1 ~ Released February 2013
Master Prince, Book 2 ~ Released April 2013
Master King, Book 3 ~ Released August 2013

Upcoming Books in the Series:
Master Dragon, Book 5 ~ Release 2014
Master Squire, Book 6 ~ Release 2014
Master Tempest, Book 7 ~ Release 2014

* * * *
Cristale’s Awakening ~ Released March 2013

Comments

Popular Posts