Paloma's Monthly Reads... #amreading the #BlackDaggerBrotherhood #NewSpecies


I've gone back to my paranormal roots this month since the newest BDB book was released. I am a huge fan of J.R. Ward's series. Then I craved more PNR-it had been a while since I'd read any- so I looked into my TBR list to find the New Species series that I had yet to read. And now, of course, I'm hooked on these amazing alpha males.

I'm among the fans of J.R. Ward's # 1 New York Times bestselling Black Dagger Brotherhood. This month, the saga continued as a royal bloodline was compromised by a grave threat to the throne. And I took the day off to read it and then read in every spare moment after that until I got to the end and sighed in contentment. J.R. Ward has shifted the tides with this book and I cannot wait to see where she takes us next!

Long live The King… 
After turning his back on the throne for centuries, Wrath, son of Wrath, finally assumed his father’s mantle--with the help of his beloved mate. But the crown sets heavily on his head. As the war with the Lessening Society rages on, and the threat from the Band of Bastards truly hits home, he is forced to make choices that put everything--and everyone--at risk.
Beth Randall thought she knew what she was getting into when she mated the last pure blooded vampire on the planet: An easy ride was not it. But when she decides she wants a child, she’s unprepared for Wrath’s response--or the distance it creates between them.
The question is, will true love win out... or tortured legacy take over?


I started listening to the New Species series written by Laurann Dohner and narrated by Ali Ahn. I was
worried-and had been putting off this series-because it looked too similar to Lora Leigh's Breeds series, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story line is original and the mating is completely different. With the element of suspense woven throughout, I can't seem to get enough of these stories. So far, I've made it through book three.

BOOK ONE Ellie is horrified to discover the pharmaceutical company she works for is doing illegal experiments. Company scientists have spliced human and animal DNA, creating exotic new species. One such "experiment" captures her heart and she'll do anything to save him - even if he hates her for it.
Fury has never known compassion or love. He's spent his life in a cell, chained and abused by humans. The one woman he allowed himself to trust betrayed him. Now he's free and set on vengeance. He vows to end her life but when she's finally in his grasp, harming her is the last thing he wants to do to the sexy little human.
Fury can't resist Ellie - the touch of her hands, her mouth on his skin, her body wrapped around his. He's obsessed with the scent of his woman. And Ellie wants Fury - always has. She craves his big, powerful body and wants to heal his desolate heart.
But loving Fury is one thing... taming him is another.

Reader Advisory: This story contains the heartrending aftermath of a rape scene involving a captive male. Another scene involves capture and forced touching by a hurt, vengeful Fury.

Talk To Me.
CHECK OUT some of these books and let me know what you think. HAVE YOU READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY? SHARE your RECOMMENDATIONS.

Comments

Popular Posts