Queen of My Kingdom: My Mother's Day Wish


It's almost here... the day devoted to mothers across the world... Mother's Day. My husband, likely along with many others out there, asked the question - you know the one - what do you want for Mother's Day?

Between you and me, I really just want him to get me something he knows I would like. I want my children to want to get me something they think will be special to me. And I know that's so unrealistic. It goes back to that whole I-Wish-He-Could-Read-My-Mind phenomenon but I can't help wishing for that perfect scenario. I don't want to give a list of wants. It goes against everything I preach about being grateful for what you're given and not covet more than you have.

So, What I Truly, Deeply Wish For is just this day that my family would set aside to show me how much I'm loved and appreciated, however that takes shape. I want time spent with my family because as crazy as they might drive me on a daily basis, they're still my favorite people in the world. Maybe they can do the tasks normally do in a day. Maybe they give me some alone time. Maybe they come work in the garden with me even though its not their favorite thing to do just so they can spend time with me doing something I enjoy. I want whatever they do to show they know what matters to me. Oh, and maybe we could  have some cupcakes too. ;)

So, What do You Wish for this Mother's Day?

My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com

If you’re a mom like me, I send wishes for a Happy Mother’s Day. I hope your family treats you like a Queen for a Day. 

Comments

Popular Posts