What Books Does Author @AshleyLadd Read? #BOOKSauthorsREAD on #RomanceBeckons



Author Ashley Ladd visits today for one of our favorite features, BOOKS Authors READ.
Ashley Ladd lives in South Florida with her husband, five children, and beloved pets. She loves the water, animals (especially cats), and playing on the computer.

She's been told she has a wicked sense of humor and often incorporates humor and adventure into her books. She also adores very spicy romance, which she weaves into her stories. 


What was your favorite book as a child?
I loved the Nancy Drew mystery series and I devoured them. I do not recall one particular book in particular out of the series as that was so long ago.

What book did you read that inspired you to be an author?
Harlequins and Silhouttes in general. I used to go to work with my dad in Downtown Cincinnati and haunt the used book stores. I would come home with shopping bags full of them and read them until well after my bedtime. I used to take a flashlight to bed with me and read under my covers. I only got caught a couple times.

What was the last book you read, just for fun?
Secret Ingredient by Sherryl Hames Torres.
I was pulled into this romance about an estranged couple who had been divided by the death of their only child. Kylie and Brodie are partnered in a cooking contest that makes them work together and work through their differences after five years of avoiding each other. I enjoy watching cooking shows on TV and this was just as pleasurable.

This was a riveting, spellbinding story that kept me turning pages and kept me awake far past my bedtime. The author paints wonderful pictures with words and weaves wonderful emotions throughout the story. I was sorry when the story ended and I can't wait for her next book to come out so I can read more of her work.

What upcoming release are you most looking forward to?
The next book in the Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery series by Joanna Campbell Slan.
One of my hobbies is scrapbooking and this series marries a good mystery romance with the scrapbooking world. I really look forward to the next release. I wish Ms. Slan would write faster. I discovered her books when she did a book signing at my favorite local scrapbook store.

Ashley's Newest Release
Title: Her Men
Publisher: Totally Bound
Genre: Contemporary Erotic male-female-male romance
Book Length: 22,000 words

BLURB
Forty-four year old Julie Weston has loved Timmy and James since her college days twenty something years ago. She's fantasized about both all these long years, never able to choose between them.

Hoping Tim and James will attend, she attends their college marching band reunion. When both men show up her dreams are answered. They're sexier than she imagined and she hopes they won't be disappointed by her older self.

It turns out both men came just to see her again and neither is happy about the other’s presence. They fight over her, confusing her more than ever. It takes a hot ménage…or two…for her heart to decide which one she’s in love with.

EXCERPT
“I’m so hungry—for you.” Tim twisted her hair in his fingers and pressed his lips to her forehead. “And I’m so hot, if you know what I mean.”

“Me too.” She was glad for her buzz, for the courage it provided. She longed to kiss him, wondered why he hadn’t kissed her yet.

“Let’s ditch dinner and…”

A shadow fell between them and James grabbed her away from Tim. “I’m breaking in. You’ve monopolized her all night.”

“But you don’t dance. You don’t like disco,” she blurted, surprised but thrilled.

“I do now. If it’s the only way I get my turn to see you, I’ll dance all night. I’m tired of waiting for you at the table.” James tugged her into his arms, ignoring Tim’s deathly glare.

“One dance, then I’m coming back.” Tim stalked away and grabbed a drink, which he downed in one gulp.

James’ warmth replaced Tim’s.

“Thank you.” She wiggled beside James hoping she could make him as hot as she’d made Tim.

“For rescuing you from Tim? You didn’t look as though you wanted rescuing.” James held her close but his nostrils flared and his eyes narrowed to mere slits.

“Not for tonight. For all those years ago you told him off for abandoning me. I wish I’d known. I also wish I’d done this.” Before she could lose her nerve, she pressed her lips to his.

Comments

Popular Posts