TAKE A BITE! Holding Hope... #SevenSinSisters #FREE for #PNRmonth

If you haven't read one of my Seven Sin Sisters books yet, they've just recently been re-released as part of AMAZON Kindle Unlimited. Today I'm featuring the free novella - read best as book 4.5 but possible to read as a stand alone - HOLDING HOPE.

Seven sisters are entwined in a legacy bigger than anyone ever expected. One by one, they will find their mates from the immortal Valendite breeds and secure their place in history. Each sister embodies one of the seven deadly sins only to be cast aside once claimed. But claiming comes at the price of separation, causing a weakening of their combined powers, which none want to happen... 

Lucas believed he was fated to live out a solitary existence. He devoted himself to the sole mission of protecting his family and his breed when the woman he thought to be his mate died right in front of his eyes. With only one fated mate, Lucas understood his life would be lived alone.

Until he held hope in his arms… Ella was a captive of his sworn enemy when he found her and immediately felt the connection. Lucas rescued her, nursed her back to health and cared for her. Now can he convince her to embrace her identity as one of the women of the Magdalena Circle? This might prove to me his most difficult mission yet.

EXCERPT
A knock at her door woke Ella. It was soft but still the noise startled her. A man appeared who seemed familiar. He was tall, much like the last man who shared her cell. At the thought, Ella began taking inventory. Her instinct of self-protection kicking in, she eyed the man entering the room with skepticism.
He had dark features, with lashes that framed the bluest eyes Ella had ever seen on a man. They sparkled in the sunlight coming in through the window but there was something haunted in their shadows. His dark hair was short but appeared messy as if he’d been running his hands through it. He was unshaven and his clothes were wrinkled. Ella wondered what was keeping him in such a state of dishevelment. Oddly enough, she found it comforting.
“Don’t be afraid,” the man spoke, “I’m one of the men who rescued you.”
“Who are you?”
“My name is Lucas Santucci. My family owns this cabin and we’ve brought you here to be safe.”
“To be safe?”
“Yes, your captors still need to be apprehended.”
“Are you the police? I mean, h-how did you find me? Who were those people who took me?” Ella worked to keep her voice steady even as she felt her heart rate accelerate. Just thinking back on her captivity terrified her.
“Let’s take this slowly. I’d like to feed you first. I’ve made soup.”
“I need to know,” Ella cleared her throat and started again. “I need to know more. Like, where am I?”
“You are at my family cabin in upstate California. You’re safest here in the United States.” The man, Lucas, ran his fingers through his hair, an obvious habit for him she’d already noted. “Okay. I’m part of a team that enters dangerous situations and contains them. We found you during another recovery operation. While the rest of the team continues the hunt for those who held you captive, I’m to see to your safety and well-being.”
“Why am I not in a hospital somewhere?”
Lucas raised his eyebrows and seemed to consider her. “I believe you know why.”
Ella swallowed back her fear. All her senses told her this man was a Valendite Breed and he obviously knew she was from the Magdalena Circle. She was both concerned and reassured that perhaps she’d now learn more about her heritage.
“You – You are a Valendite Breed.”
“Yes,” Lucas answered. “And you are a woman of the Magdalena Circle.”
“Yes,” Ella nodded.
LOOK ON THE SIDE BAR to enter to WIN a book from the series.
31 Winners will be announced on October 31st.

Comments

Popular Posts