November MONTHLY READS... Love&Steel @JessTopper and the Counsellor @AaronErotica

Not Much Time To Read This Month. With NaNoWriMo keeping me busy writing, I didn't read much this month. I did make time for a few books though, especially over the holiday weekend. From a little rock and roll to southern nobility in Louisiana, the books took me to places only these great authors could imagine.

I previously read Jessica Topper’s debut novel Louder Than Love and loved it. Two unlikely souls connected through a child - serendipity and sweetness, and then heat and passion. When I saw there was an epilogue novella, Deeper Than Dreams, I knew I had to read it and get my rock star romance fix! Then I was still craving more so I jumped at the next installment once it was available too. Softer Than Steel featured a different band member that was a secondary character in the other books. While I didn't care for him much in the first two books, I came to truly like him after reading his story. And just maybe, his book might be my favorite. These books are all available digitally NOW from Berkley/InterMix!

Counsellor took me into a darker part of society... (BLURB) In the heart of Louisiana, the most
powerful people in the South live behind elegant gates, mossy trees, and pleasant masks. Once every ten years, the pretense falls away and a tournament is held to determine who will rule them. The Acquisition is a crucible for the Southern nobility, a love letter written to a time when barbarism was enshrined as law.

Now, Sinclair Vinemont is in the running to claim the prize. There is only one way to win, and he has the key to do it — Stella Rousseau, his Acquisition. To save her father, Stella has agreed to become Sinclair's slave for one year. Though she is at the mercy of the cold, treacherous Vinemont, Stella will not go willingly into darkness.

As Sinclair and Stella battle against each other and the clock, only one thing is certain: The Acquisition always ends in blood.

I enjoyed this book but as a warning, let me remind you that I occasionally like to go darker with romances that some may find too offensive to read. This book is a dark romance with elements of slavery, violence, BDSM, and super-hot sex. It's the first of a series, ends on a cliffhanger and left me desperate for the next.

Have You Read Any of These Books? Or Do You Have Others to Recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts