June MONTHLY READS... Favorite #Beach Books "AmReading @MelanieHarlow2 @LisaReneeJones

Beach Reads. The yearly beach trip equates to lots of reading time for me. I absolutely love simply sitting on the beach with my feet in the soft waves as the water rolls onto the sand. This might even be my little heaven on Earth.


CRAZY HAPPY LOVE was the theme of my beach reading this year. Have you read the series by Melanie Harlow? She was a new-to-me author but her trilogy about three sisters finding love was the perfect beach read. Each book is actually a stand-alone but they are related so I'd recommend reading them all. Each are a little bit spicy and a whole lot sweet.

 

Before the beach trip and far behind the times, I finally read the entire Inside Out series by Lisa Renee Jones.There are five complete books and ten novellas. I'm glad I read it all - and at once - because the author did a wonderful job of story-telling, keeping my interest by slowly unveiling secrets. Can't wait for the upcoming tv series!

How it all started…
One day I was a high school teacher on summer break, leading a relatively uneventful but happy life. Or so I told myself. Later, I’d question that, as I would question pretty much everything I knew about me, my relationships, and my desires. It all began when my neighbor thrust a key to a storage unit at me. She’d bought it to make extra money after watching some storage auction show. Now she was on her way to the airport to elope with a man she barely knew, and she needed me to clear out the unit before the lease expired.

Soon, I was standing inside a small room that held the intimate details of another woman’s life, feeling uncomfortable, as if I was invading her privacy. Why had she let these items so neatly packed, possessions that she clearly cared about deeply, be lost at an auction? Driven to find out by some unnamed force, I began to dig, to discover this woman’s life, and yes, read her journals—-dark, erotic journals that I had no business reading. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. I read on obsessively, living out fantasies through her words that I’d never dare experience on my own, compelled by the three men in her life, none of whom had names. I read onward until the last terrifying dark entry left me certain that something had happened to this woman. I had to find her and be sure she was okay.

Before long, I was taking her job for the summer at the art gallery, living her life, and she was nowhere to be found. I was becoming someone I didn’t know. I was becoming her.

Have You Read Any of These Books? Or Do You Have Others to Recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts