I Joined a 52-Week Blog Challenge... You Can Too! #MFRWauthor


A Few Of My Favorite Things
I surround myself with my favorite things. I can look around my home and every piece of art or any decorative piece has a meaning. I can sit in my home and remember where each piece came from, and it evokes a memory. It's what I love most about my home.

One of my favorites is two framed paper flags made by my oldest sons. On September 11, 2001, they were with a babysitter since I still worked a 9-5 job. The sitter helped them make flags with construction paper. The stripes are terribly uneven, the stars don't have five points and there may even be some jelly on a corner of one flag. But they are so precious to me because it reminds me my children were safe.

Another of my favorites is a set of framed Disney pins. Yes, I'm a pin trader! My family loves Disney World. One year, my sons gifted me with this ultra collector's edition Disney pin set. Now, I love it because I love the pins but, more importantly, is that they thought of something so meaningful on their own. It reminds me my children are thoughtful.

Another of my favorites is my bible. I have others but the bible I received as a teen is highlighted, bookmarked and notated. I thumbed through it so often, it's comfortable and lies open when I read it. Although I don't spend as much time with it as I once did, it reminds me that my faith is strong. 
What a fun blogging opportunity! Marketing for Romance Writers (MFRW) is hosting a 52-Week Blog Challenge... and I've joined in. Each week, they post a writing prompt and you sign up to participate as often as possible - the ultimate goal is to do all fifty-two weeks.
Follow this link if you'd like to join in!

Comments

Popular Posts