Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Realist. A Fiction Writer.

So, I am basically this eternal realist.  The irony that I am writing paranormal fiction is not lost on me.  Creating a world that does not exist, and cannot exist, in the world in which I live has been two very different experiences for me.

Writing in this other world is challenging for me because I am forcing my imagination to go beyond the boundaries in which I live. Accepting a new world and believing it myself comes slowly but I am aware that if I don't buy into it, how can I expect others to believe it.  I struggle with giving myself the permission to allow this other world not to fit neatly into the world in which I live. This makes writing work sometimes - it makes it a challenge.

But mostly it is freeing because there are no boundaries for my imagination.  As a realist, I have forced myself to live within personal-made boundaries that limit me in a variety of ways.  But they also give me a structure in which I feel comfortable.  When I am writing, by myself and in my own space, I feel the safety without needing the structure.  So my imagination is endless and I can create something entirely not real.  It is like I breathe differently while I write than any other moment during my day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Available on KINDLE UNLIMITED

Available on KINDLE UNLIMITED
Seven Sisters. Seven Sins. Seven Books. All available for FREE on Kindle Unlimited.