Kindle Fire Not So Hot

I write in the ebook market. I am always concerned with the trends of ebook sales and found this article significant. As a reader, I chose to purchase and read books from the nook. I have been happy for years with my nook but now I'm actually contemplating purchasing the kindle as well. The offerings are pointedly different - what you can get on one, you can't necessarily get on the other. Everyone was raving about the kindle fire until suddenly it wasn't so hot. And now I'm left wondering about the practicality of a second ereader. Maybe I should go with the iPad but where does that leave me with Amazon? I want it all! What about you?

READ THIS ARTICLE AND LET'S TALK ABOUT IT.




B&N’s Results Point to Larger Industry Concerns (via Tools of Change for Publishing)
I was disappointed to read that B&N’s Nook business was basically flat year-over-year. How could that be in such a red hot market? Ebook sales are skyrocketing and everyone seems to be buying new devices. The more I think about it though the more I realize that B&N’s results are consistent with…



Comments

  1. Interesting. I self-pubbed a book about a month ago and had it on Amazon and B&N but decided to switch to Amazon Prime and take it off B&N. In three days I had as many borrows of my book on Prime (for slightly less profit than a sale) as I had sales on B&N for 3 weeks, so I don't foresee going back to B&N. I guess I've fallen into Amazon's trap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an ipad because it means I can have all my books in one place... kindle, kobo, ibooks, audible, epubs, pdfs etc etc. i only use my kindle eink device if it's sunny (which doesn't happen often in Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The other option is to go 7" android tablet and use kindle and nook apps plus an adobe drm enabled app and audible/overdrive depending on audiobooks. The android OS 7" tablets are often less spendy than the ipad mini model now offered with similar options save for iOS app compatibility but if you aren't already entrenched in the iOS ecosystem it makes sense to me to compare features and pricing before spending the bucks. I also like the fact that some android OS devices offer a microSD card slot for additional storage capacity which neither Kindle or iPad have done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts