#TantalizingTuesday: The Cowboy's Girl

The Cowboy's Baby



“Why didn’t you tell me?” Camden looked down at Isabella snuggled into the crook in his arm. He’d been focused on the baby since he pulled up to her family’s ranch. He hadn’t looked at her yet. Megan knew he might never look at her again, at least not the way he once did.
“You would’ve left the tour, given it all up.”
“Damn right I would’ve.” His voice grew louder and Isabella moved in his arms. “Ssh, ssh,” he soothed her.Megan wished she could be soothed as easily. She ached seeing this strong man cuddle her baby, their baby.
Hugging herself and wishing she was at least showered for this conversation, she straightened her back and drew on her resolve. “I couldn’t let you.  Winning this season’s championship would’ve meant moving to the pro tour. You’d worked hard for that and I couldn’t be the one to take it away.”
“So instead you took this away from me,” Camden shook his head.
“I planned to tell you at the end of the season. She came early. It was a surprise,” Megan was determined to make him understand she’d never meant to hurt him.
“It damn sure was.”
© Paloma Beck, Tantalizing Tuesday 2012

A fun group of authors use a photo prompt to write a two-hundred word teaser 
and post it on a Tuesday. For a full list of participating authors, 

Comments

  1. Really sweet romantic tease I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good tease. I love the way you make the emotions so powerful, the illusion of self sacrifice and the refusal to allow a man to decide for himself what he prefers in the name of what's best for him...so much going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top tease Paloma, it was so sweet and romantic too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that pic is just TOO adorable, and your tease just made it sweeter, bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, sweet tease. I hope he can forgive her so they can have a HEA. I love this family already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good story, l loved your characterization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good romantic story about their love and new baby and his rodeo career.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you intermingled all the emotions. Great tease

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surprise baby! I love the way this short tale unfolded, and I love that he was willing to step up and take on the father role. Great flash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. High emotion and cowboy angst - grown men in torment. Have you been inspired by the new Dallas? lol Good work, Paloma. Come on, you really have to write this one in all its fullness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't stop now Paloma! I want to know what happens! :) Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...this tore at my heartstrings...I understand her wanting to let him have his moment...but to hide something so important??? GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts