Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ebook Piracy, Pricing & Hoarding

I am a reader of ebooks. With a few exceptions, I read entirely from an e-reader. I don't "borrow" ebooks - shoot, I don't even take advantage of the lending option offered through BN. Sometimes I buy a cheap book intending to read it and then not get to it for months. But hoarding ebooks, that's a new concept to me. I like my virtual bookshelf to be as neat as my paperback bookshelf so organization keeps me from over-buying. I prefer to pay below the $6.99 price point. On occasion, I have purchased a $9.99 ebook if it is something I really, really want to read or is from an author on my auto-read list (you have one of those, right? an author that you read everything they write.). Then I read this article and it got me thinking about pricing strategy because I am also an author of ebooks. The price point has a bigger consequence than my paycheck... how does it affect you as a consumer?

 READ THIS ARTICLE AND THEN LET'S TALK.
 What are you willing to pay? Are lower prices better? Do you read all the books you download?





Piracy, pricing, and ebook hoarding (via Tools of Change for Publishing)
I was on a conference call recently talking about piracy with Joe Karaganis, Brian O’Leary and Ruediger Wischenbart. At one point someone mentioned that piracy can be avoided when content is made available at a reasonable price and in all convenient formats. That begs the question: What’s a “…



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Available on KINDLE UNLIMITED

Available on KINDLE UNLIMITED
Seven Sisters. Seven Sins. Seven Books. All available for FREE on Kindle Unlimited.