WoW! The 3 Big Mistakes in Blogging

I’m giving a simple recommendation to simplify your life.
In this weekly feature, I’ll give just one suggestion of something to try. Or maybe I’ll tell you about one thing that helped me as a new author. Or maybe it will be one thing not to do. Regardless what I choose to talk about, I promise it will be simple because, after all, we are all very busy people…

This week I found this article that gave me some "Ah Ha" moments and wanted to share them as part of this feature. Our blogs are important. Read on to learn how to make yours work better for you.

And be sure to keep writing!
Paloma





Blogging: the 3 Biggest Mistakes and How to Fix Them (via Fab Freelance Writing Blog)
Your blog is an essential part of your writing business. It’s the foundation of your writers’ platform. I firmly believe that it’s impossible to make a real mistake with your blog. That said however, there are “mistakes” which will make your blog much less effective than it might be. Mistake…








WoW is a Smart & Savvy Group of Authors who write this weekly feature for their blog each Wednesday. While we don't claim to be experts, the goal is to impart what we've learned about 
writing, editing, getting published, book promotion, and more along the way. 
Follow along and read all this week's contributors' posts. 

You can follow us on twitter at #WWoW.
Or find us on facebook at Words of Wisdom.

We also welcome more authors' participation. Sign up is through our facebook page.

Comments

  1. Excellent advice, Paloma. I know I've had to make up my own calender to remind myself to post on at least one of my blogs every week. Opening them up to guests has helped fill in some of the dates, but my most popular posts tend to be the ones about my job as a veterinarian. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, Paloma. The tip about commenting on other blogs is especially true, and look, I'm even following the advice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up! I do spring and fall cleaning on my name building/readership building tools. It was during a sudden burst of summer cleaning I gave up a few other tools to concentrate more on my blog. The advice in that article which I've been working on applying for a few months now works. I knew it worked before I lapsed in taking care of my blog and going back to those principles proved it. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making every single one of these mistakes. Thanks for some good advice to help get me back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a good point, Paloma. Although I try to blog for everyone. I have some spots for my writing and some spots for my personal life. I don't even try to blog every single day, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts