Tantalizing Tuesday Snowstorm

Tantalizing Christmas Blog Hop
Hosted by the Tantalizing Tuesday authors
CLICK THE BLOG BADGE to enter my contest & follow the hop.

BUT FIRST, read the first installment of The Snowstorm. I will post one photo story each day during the hop, December 18th - 21st. Read them all for the full story of Seth and Abby.


DAY ONE
The snowstorm began overnight while I slept. Its arrival had been predicted for days so it was no surprise; but I’d hoped -prayed, actually- it was another incorrect forecast. When I awoke to a white blanket, the farm looking like a winter wonderland, I sighed in resignation. I knew it might change the days that followed. Taking my cup of morning coffee and a warm blanket, I sat on the small front porch of our modest farmhouse. I watched the snowfall, both reveling in its beauty and cursing its arrival.

Seth was due to arrive home any day. He'd promised to be home for Christmas. It had been three months since I'd seen him. It was never this long when he went away but I knew something was different this time. I'd been the wife of an agent long enough to know when something wasn't right, and this mission was anything but standard.

Selfishly, I wanted Seth to myself. I knew his value to our country but I needed him. I needed his strong arms, his firm hand, and his tender touches. Considering the possibility of being alone for Christmas, my tears mirrored the flakes falling from the sky.

© Paloma Beck, Tantalizing Tuesdays 2012

Comments

  1. Excellent visuals. I hope Seth hurries back It's on my must read list

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect picture you chose for this piece...

    I hope he makes it because I will be as distraught as she if he doesn't..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come back for the next installment tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  3. Very romantic; also nice visual. I coulde get lost in this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the image and the story go so well together and the mood is so beautiful and sad at the same time. As Naomi, I do hope Seth hurries home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to capture that desire we all have to connect during the holidays. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Ah, this is lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be sad as well if I thought I would not have anyone home with me.
    debby236 at gmail dto com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope she doesn't end up alone! Lovely story. Let's hope for a merry Christmas for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a little sad.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts