#WWoW! MFRW

Simple Advice for Authors. Each week, it's my goal to provide authors with a little piece of what works for me, sharing my knowledge to help others. It was tough starting out as an author and not sure how to do the promotions part of the job. I knew how to write but I had to figure out how to market myself.

When I published my first book, I felt like a tiny guppy dumped into an enormous, dark and scary ocean where everyone else knew what was going on... but me. The #1 best piece of advice I received was when someone in my publishing house recommended I join Marketing for Romance Writers.
MFRW MOTTO: Seek, teach, share, learn, succeed.
"MFRW is open to the literary community. We focus on marketing and publicity efforts. We brainstorm ideas, get feedback, and find others for mutual promotion. If you seek advice on how to promote you're welcome here. We enforce our simple group rules. Keep it business-only. No promos, excerpts, contests, newsletters, or flaming. We respect those on digest by trimming our posts. Questions, promo ideas, requests for help are welcome."
I joined. I read everything. I participated or lurked in everything they offered and I learned so much from the other authors. The networking grew my reach. When I had trouble with twitter early on, the group rose up and helped me as a whole (my follow ratio was skewed and by them following me, my twitter account was restored!) - the founder, author Kayelle Allen, actually did a shout out to support little guppy me. All of a sudden, I felt like all those other rainbow fish swimming around me in the ocean. Everyone was so supportive.

My confidence rose as I participated in their member services... MFRW Authors blog is open to authors to post to, MFRW summer camp offers specialized marketing training, MFRW Pinterest boards bring added book exposure, MFRW pitch camp and other social marketing trainings throughout the year are added bonuses. There's a monthly MFRW newsletter - see a copy of the latest edition on my right sidebar. There's also a monthly banner advertising project and for those authors on twitter, MFRW publishes a weekly Paper.li where you may be featured base on tweets. You can also follow MFRW twitter account. MFRW is just beginning to organize their own blog hops with the most updated hop software available. We even have a facebook group which is less formal than the Yahoo group.

Now, here's the best part. This is all FREE with FREE MEMBERSHIP. So go ahead and join. Don't miss out on this opportunity to network and grow as an author. There's no question that marketing ourselves is a huge part of what we do in this ocean of ebook publishing. Let MFRW guide your way.

Does it sound like I'm bragging? Just a bit? I admit it - I am... because after a year of lurking and learning, I signed on to the MFRW volunteer staff. I believe in what MFRW does for authors. It's a truly professional organization with reputable leaders and promising collaboration.

I'd love to hear if something I said in my post convinced you to join! COMMENT below and let me know...
Paloma
______________________________________________________

WWoW is a Smart & Savvy Group of Authors who host this feature each Wednesday.
While we don't claim to be experts, the goal is to impart what we've learned about 
writing, editing, getting published, book promotion, and more along the way.


Follow along and read all this week's contributors' posts.
You can follow us on twitter at #WWoW.
Or find us on facebook at Words of Wisdom.

We also welcome more authors' participation. Sign up is through our facebook page.

Comments

  1. I've just joined, Paloma. Thanks for sharing the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second strongly! My book's not even out until March, but I joined anyway to get a head start on learning the ropes. I was amazed by all the group offers. Didn't even matter that I was pre-pub. With pitchfests and guidance with queries, synopses, pitches, and social media, the group is good for romance authors in all stages. Thanks for getting the word out and doing so much for the group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paloma, you wow me. ^_^ Thanks for sharing our group with others. MFRW is committed to helping members of the literary community in every way we can. I'm glad you're a part of our crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds great, Paloma. I'm about to join. Really the promotional part is what's killing me atm, trying to figure out what works, what doesn't etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joelle, you'll learn so much and then be able to see what will work for how you want to market your brand. The bonus is its a warm, professional group of authors.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for the tip. Headed there and Kayelle is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayelle and MFRW and everyone associated with it have been absolutely fabulous resources for me, not to mention giving patient and understanding answers for even the dumbest question. I take every chance I get to recommend them. M. S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you paloma for sharing your insights on this group. I joined happily and wait to see what I may learn. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pablo, it will open new doors for you as an author. It's a great group. Glad to have you as a part of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts