#Thursday13 Sexy Encounters
Welcome this week's guest author, Kate Belle. Kate is a woman of many passions who juggles her pens with the rest of her life. She holds a tertiary qualification in chemistry, half a diploma in naturopathy and a diploma in psychological astrology. Kate believes in living a passionate life and has ridden a camel through the Australian desert, fraternised with hippies in Nimbin, had a near birth experience and lived on nothing but porridge and a carrot for 3 days. Kate lives, writes and loves in Melbourne, juggling her strange, secret affairs with her male characters with her much loved partner and daughter, and a menagerie of neurotic pets.
Find Kate Here: Blog/Website | Facebook | Twitter
Thanks Paloma, it’s great to be here sharing my Thursday 13. Given I write erotic fiction, it seemed appropriate I should give you a list of my favourite sensual moments and experiences. I derive a lot of inspiration through an appreciation of the sensual as it occurs in real life. I’ve witnessed many moments when the power of eros manifests itself in the world and if you keep your mind and soul open, you’ll see it too. The God and Goddess of Love are always looking for ways to express beauty in ordinary things:
1. A handsome stranger who smiles at you with his eyes, then glances back over his shoulder at you as you pass him by.
2. Swimming half naked in the sea on a scorching hot day.
3. Wearing new underwear of silk or satin.
4. A promise of a kiss you have to wait for.
5. The first touch of spring sunshine on your winter skin.
6. A lover’s breath on your ear as he whispers sexy nothings in public.
7. A waft of alluring perfume as a beautiful someone removes their coat.
8. The taste of a lovers lips after they’ve eaten honey or chocolate.
9. Confidence and desire. (They’re the best aphrodisiacs around.)
10. A love letter that describes exactly how your lover intends to make you feel using the words ‘ecstasy’, ‘passion’, ‘succumb’, ‘desire’ and ‘longing’.
11. Lying naked on a freshly made bed with sheets smelling of sunshine and warm air on your bare skin.
12. Someone who laughs at your jokes and finds you interesting.
13. Reading an erotic book (like Breaking the Rules or Bloom) then acting your favourite scene out (in your head or for real – it doesn’t matter).
Breaking the Rules: Grace is a beautiful woman in complete control of her world. A long time ago she chose a career over children and marriage, and has never regretted it. Then Ramon Mendez walks into her office. Ramon is about to commence his PhD, a work on erotic literature, and from the outset there is something about him that makes Grace’s blood run hot. Aware of the need to maintain her professional reputation, she rejects his advances, but he persists. And during their intimate supervision sessions, her defences start to crumble, for Ramon’s work is exposing desires within Grace she never knew existed.
Follow this link for a sample chapter!
Breaking the Rules BUY LINKS: iTunes | Amazon
Bloom: Thirty-six-year-old Emma’s life looks as perfect as could be. She loves her solid, straight-laced husband Gary, who has given her three beautiful, if spoilt, children and a secure life. But something is missing. Gary hardly notices her anymore and she feels frumpy and invisible. Her friend, Lisa, talks her into joining a social boot camp class at the local gym. Emma immediately recognises their instructor as the gorgeous runner she sees each evening while walking her dog in the park. He introduces himself as Ramon Mendez. In spite of herself Emma is besotted.
Before long her mind is filled with guilty fantasies of him. One evening, when things at home have become too much to bear, she bumps into him alone in the park. An opportunity presents itself and no one need ever know. Ramon promises and delivers everything that’s missing from her marriage – passion, romance and excitement – but Emma must discover if they are the things she really wants.
Follow this link for a sample chapter!
Bloom BUY LINKS: iTunes | Amazon