Holding Hope for #SexySnippets



It's time for Sexy Snippets Sunday!
Sexy Snippets are seven sentences brought to you every Sunday. It's only seven sentences -no more, no less- so readers can get a quick read from a variety of authors. The sentences come from a work in progress or published manuscript.

You can LIKE US on facebook at the Sexy Snippet Facebook Page, follow us on twitter at @SexySnippets, or find posts by using #SexySnippets on twitter. Read all this week's Sexy Snippets by clicking HERE.

My snippets for the month of May will all be from Holding Hope, my short story written as part of the Seven Sin Sisters series. At only $0.99, it's a great way to give the series a try... available sometime this month from Secret Cravings Publishing.

In this excerpt, Lucas has discovered the woman rescued from captivity is his mate, and he now needs to explain this to her. She has no idea about the breed but senses something about him. Here, Lucas tries to explain it as delicately as possible...

“Once you mate with a Valendite Breed, your powers
emerge.”

“But I haven’t mated. I haven’t even had sex with anyone. I haven’t even ever felt desire. I thought I was, uhm, well, I was-” By her final words, Ella was yelling as she fought to control her thoughts. Her body was strumming inside with a feeling she couldn’t understand.

Shocked, she tried to stand but the pain in her feet caused her to fall forward. Lucas caught her smoothly up in his arms and hugged her against his body. Ella allowed herself to absorb his strength. Her body simply melted against his.

“Ella, I am-"

“My mate,” Ella cut him off. Everything came into sharp focus. The sensations, the desire, running through her veins and her trust in this man meant something. She stroked his stubbled cheek and watched the bursts of colorful light spark. “You are my mate.”

Comments

Popular Posts