Breaking The Rules on #Thursday13
She's a friend of Romance Beckons so you may have seen her before. Today she joins us with her newest book and a list for Thursday 13. Melinda lives in Guatemala, Central America, with her husband, three boys and German Shepherd. She enjoys being the queen of her household and dreams of being pampered fully by her boys once they’re grown. Learn more about her at www.melindadozier.com. You can also find Melinda on twitter or Facebook.
2. Steve Jobs – a true technological renegade. “have the courage to follow your heart and intuition”
3. Sam Walton – hello Walmart guru! He was famous for saying, “the most important rule in business is to break the rules.”
4. Claude Debussy – “Some people wish above all to conform to the rules, I wish only to render what I can hear. There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law.”
5. Marilyn Monroe – “If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.”
6. Katharine Hepburn – “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.”
7. T.S. Eliot – “It's not wise to violate rules until you know how to observe them.”
8. Taylor Swift – “There are no rules when it comes to love.”
9. Isabel Allende – “ Heart is what drives us and determines our fate. That is what I need for my characters in my books: a passionate heart. I need mavericks, dissidents, adventurers, outsiders and rebels, who ask questions, bend the rules and take risks.”
10. David Sedaris – “Sometimes with 'The New Yorker,' they have grammar rules that just don't feel right in my mouth.”
11. Hugh Jackman – “At which point should we let go and do what we want to do, and when should we submit to rules? Coming to terms with our true natures and who we really are has always been a fascination to humans. I know it fascinates me.”
12. Mathew McConaughey – “I love having my hands in the dirt. It is never a science and always an art. There are no rules. And if it comes down to me versus that weed I'm trying to pull out of the ground that doesn't want to come out? I know I'll win.”
13. Neil Gaiman – “I loved writing a book in which, in some ways, it's very, very classical, and in some ways I'm breaking lots of rules about what you can do and what you can't do.”
A forbidden love affair in the past has led Hope Robinson, a middle school principal, to Harbor Bay, Florida, where she commits herself to play by the rules. This can be difficult for a perpetual klutz, who—even strapped in a cast—has to uphold a competent attitude at all times.
Luckily, she has Dr. Colin Calaway on her side, a widower and father of a student, who is ready to give love another try. When Colin convinces Hope they should explore the connection between them, a steamy romance develops, though it could destroy them both. They must decide if their jobs—and their hearts—are worth the risk.
Sensuality Level: Sensual
Links: Crimson Website | Melinda's Blog | Author Website
AMAZON | B&N | iTUNES | KOBO
Melinda is giving away an ecopy of Breaking the Rules and winners choice of a Yankees or Red Sox baseball cap through her tour wide giveaway. Winners must enter via Rafflecopter and will be chosen on July 27.