Favorite Romantic Heroines @JessieClever

Welcome Jessie Clever to Romance Beckons.
In the second grade, Jessie began a story about a duck and a lost ring.  Two harrowing pages of wide ruled notebook paper later, the ring was found.  And Jessie has been writing ever since.

Earning her degree in English with a Creative Writing Honors at the University at Albany, Jessie completed her first novella, Shake Down Your Ashes, a historical fictive memoir.  She then went on to experiment in journalism, copy writing and public relations communications.  Focusing her writing on fiction, Jessie now spends her time between children’s literature and women’s fiction.

Jessie makes her home in the great state of New Hampshire where she lives with her husband and a very opinionated Basset Hound.

Thank you for having me on the blog today to celebrate the release of the latest installment in my Spy Series, Inevitably a Duchess: A Spy Series Novella.

Book Blurb
It’s November 1792, and England is gripped in a maelstrom of radical speak. With revolutions in America and France, the political scene is ripe for an explosion. Richard Black, the Duke of Lofton, spy for the War Office, is assigned to follow a body snatching ring of ressurectionists for revolutionist intentions. But although he may be the spy, it’s his lover, Lady Jane Haven, who unravels the most important part of the mystery. While she may be good at spying, her curious ways put both of them in danger. Will Jane find the strength to save them both and inevitably be Richard’s duchess?

Available for purchase at:
Amazon  | Smashwords  |  All Romance eBooks

This is the third book in the series about Regency era spies, but it’s actually a prequel that I had not intended to write. When I released the first in the series, Son of a Duke, I was amazed (and delighted) by the response a couple of secondary characters, Jane and Richard, the Duke and Duchess of Lofton, received and the cry for more about them and how they fell in love. So this prequel was born telling the story of how Jane, a courageous and brave woman, found not only the strength to survive but to live. And in writing about Jane, I realized how important heroines are to me in a story, and it made me think about what stories really pulled me because the heroine just rocked.

So today, I want to share with you my two favorite romantic heroines:

1.) Penelope Featherington from Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn: I love Penelope. I love that Penelope triumphs in the end. I love that Penelope is so like me, and I read her for the first time at a very vulnerable (read: teenage) age that I couldn’t help but adore her. Penelope faced a society full of criticism, and she not only rose above it, she found her true self and embraced her. She was her own kind of courageous.

2.) Claire Randall Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: I will confess. Claire actually drives me nuts, but in that, I adore her. Setting aside the time travel aspect, Claire existed in a much different time from my own and dared to do things that were not expected of a woman in either of the time periods she found herself. She also made tough decisions unselfishly, a trait that even I can never hope to achieve. And I’m convinced Claire and I have the same hair, so she must be awesome.

So tell me, who are your favorites?
Talk to Us. Leave a Comment.

Comments

Popular Posts