BOOKS Authors READ: Doris O'Connor @mamaD8

It's another BOOKS authors READ post on ROMANCE BECKONS! This is when I'll be asking some of my author friends to share about books they enjoy reading. At least twice each month, you can get some great ideas for books you might also enjoy. I hope you'll keep coming back to talk to each of the authors I've invited. They're a great group.

Today, I'm welcoming Doris O'Connor. Before I penned my first book, I was reading Doris's books and indulging in her hot alpha males. Some were shifters, some Doms but all were steamy. As a reader, I always wondered what authors who I enjoyed reading actually read in their free time. Today, I get my answer. I hope you enjoy getting to know Doris as much as I have.
Thanks so much for having me here today, Paloma, and for inviting me to take part.

Q. What was your favorite book as a child?
A. Too many to count. I had a small room crammed full of books, but by far my most treasured possession was my collection of Enid Blyton books. I'm sure I had them all at one point, because my grandmother encouraged my reading and always added to them. And I practically lived in the library!
Out of all the Enid Blyton books, Mallory Towers were my favourites. I read and re-read them countless times.

Q. What book did you read that inspired you to be an author?
A. Not really sure there was just one. I take inspiration from every book I read, but I can tell you the one that firmly set me on the path to romance and that was Gone With The Wind. I have more or less been reading romance exclusively since then.

Q. What was the last book you read just for fun?
I've just finished Lora Leigh's Forbidden. Phew that was hot ;-) I agree.
Those book rocked my world! -Paloma

Q. What upcoming release are you most looking forward to?
Kiru Taye's Keeping Secrets. I literally cannot wait for this to come out. Kiru is a dear friend and a member of member of my Critique Group UCW. We all met as aspiring authors, and I recall Kiru sharing snippets of this story then. A lot has happened since then, and I know she's re-written this, so I can't wait to read it. Some heroes just stick with you and Felix Essien is one of those.


Giveaway
I had two new releases this month. Through the Dom's Lens and Auctioned to Protect, so I'm giving away an e-copy each. Thanks for reading, folks, and thanks again, Paloma.

  

Comments

Popular Posts