Longing for #PNRmonth @CaraBristol Vampires on #Thursday13
Everybody knows vampires drink blood, the sun will fry them to a crisp, and a stake through the heart can be deadly. But here are 13 things you may not have known, if you haven’t read Longing, my paranormal erotic romance.
1. They need blood to survive, but they can also drink red wine. A good French vintage is preferred.Longing BLURB
2. Vampires have an extremely sensitive sense of smell. They can tell who is or isn’t vamp just from a person’s scent.
3. Newly turned vampires are called fledglings.
4. It takes a while for a fledgling’s vamp senses to fully kick in. Unlike older vamps, they can’t always tell who’s a vampire and who’s not.
5. Vampires Anonymous exists to help new vamps transition to their new life.
6. Charmed Encounters is a secret dating service for paranormal creatures, including vamps.
7. Mating is for eternity.
8. To be turned, there must be a blood exchange between the one bitten and the vampire.
9. Vampires are usually made (turned), but they can also be born as the offspring of two vamps.
10. Vampires and humans can mate, but usually no offspring results.
11. The rare offspring of a Vamp/human pairing is considered a Half Breed, who is feared by humans and reviled by other vampires. It’s a lonely existence for a Half Breed, who doesn’t fit in either world.
12. Mating is full sensory experience, where taste, sight, and smell merge to become one. Colors have taste and fragrance.
13. Vampire males are cool to the touch, but megawatt hot!
Spurned by vampire society because of his mixed blood, Luc despairs of finding his one true mate. Then he meets her, and they share a single night of passion. Can he convince her to accept a Half Breed, or will that one night have to last him for an eternity?