Author's Life: #MenieresDisease Resources @MenieresSociety

The fog has been more clear these past few months. My symptoms from the Ménière's disease have lessened and I haven't had a vertigo episode in a while. All has been calm... though a calm life with Ménière's disease still means continuous light dizziness, continuous light tinnitus and fullness in my ears. Those inconveniences, I can live with. I'm able to work*, be active with the boys and perform daily activities. I'm thankful for the reprieve even though I know the disease just lies in wait to attack again.
Ménière's disease is a chronic disorder of the inner ear that causes severe dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a feeling of fullness or congestion in the ear.
It isn't the easiest task to find support groups or resources for those with Ménière's disease. But I have found a few that make me feel less isolated. If you know of others, please leave their information in the comments.


* I'm working on book two in the Porter Brothers series. Book one (Coming Home) just released on audiobook and the novella (Never Coming Home) is soon to be released on audiobook too.

Comments

Popular Posts