The Cowboy's Girl, The End


                                                                  Source: bluehousefotos.blogspot.com via Paloma on Pinterest


"Camden, are you in here?" Megan called out as she rounded the corner into the barn. When a hand reached out and grabbed her, she screeched. Her heart beat a tattoo in her chest.
"Hey there, darlin," Camden's deep whiskey voice sent a shiver down her spine. Her legs gave out as he looped his arm around her back and gently dipped her backwards.
Megan allowed herself to melt into Camden. Damn, she’d forgotten how hard his chest felt against her breasts. His scent surrounded her and made the idea of stepping back only a passing thought before she sunk into the sheer bliss that was Camden.
"I wanted to spend some time with you today. I know this whole taking it slow thing you got going on means stolen moments in the barn might be all I get for a while." Camden's eyes sparkled with mischief as he grinned down at Megan.
“I’m not so sure it’s enough for me either anymore.” Nearly two weeks had passed since they’d made amends. Maybe it was time for the next step. She bit her lip. “How about we take ourselves up to the hay loft while your mama has Belle?”
© Paloma Beck, Tantalizing Tuesday 2012

Today's post was the final installment of The Cowboy's Girl.
To read the first three parts, follow these links:
The Cowboy's Girl, Part One
The Cowboy's Girl, Part Two
The Cowboy's Girl, Part Three
All authors love feedback on their writing so please tell me what you 
thought of the story. I promise to respond to all comments.


A fun group of authors use a photo prompt to write a two-hundred word teaser 
and post it on a Tuesday. For a full list of participating authors, 
You can also follow along on twitter at #TantalizingTuesday.

I selected this post to be featured on Writing Blogs.
Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

Comments

  1. "into the sheer bliss that was Camden." Very nice, Paloma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Brit. I toyed with one more week of these characters but thought leaving the hay loft to reader's imagination might be a little more fun.

      Delete
  2. Ah, ha! Up to the hayloft sounds like the perfect ending. I really enjoyed this story, Paloma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne. I'm off to the scottish highlands next week, modern times. A friend sent me a photo and asked for a story.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a fitting end to a beautiful story. Well done Paloma :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts